Sabotage

 



 

In life, you will experience many disappointments. But the one person you cannot afford to disappoint is yourself. When everyone has let you down, you must learn to encourage yourself. What does disappointment look like? It looks like when people reject you, when people abandon you when people believe you will turn out to be nothing good, when people on your job try to sabotage your work, when your family doesn’t support you, when people who you have help and though is your friend tells lies on you etc. Disappointment can look different to each of us depending on how you view and see your situation.

 

I love to talk about my situation because it helps me heal, grow, and develop into the woman God says I am. All my life, I have been disappointed by people. People who don’t believe in me. People who spoke negativity into my life from childhood. People whom I have helped told lies to me. During my school years, people (teachers) thought I would not become anything useful. Even people in the church. But God!

 

I recently won an award (International Impact Book Awards) for my first book, “It Didn’t Kill Me (How God delivered me from the Ashes of Divorce).” And it is only by God’s grace that I believe I won. I am grateful, not because I am special but because God saw fit to favor me. I am a person who never knew I had a learning disability till I adulthood, with three children and was married. But God allowed me to win an award for just sharing a little of my life experience, and even through the journey, the enemy had set up many roadblocks; God said he had prepared a table before me and in the presence of your enemy (Psalm 23). Hallelujah.

 

I want to encourage you today not to sabotage yourself or allow people's negative attitudes toward you to stop you from becoming the best version of yourself. It doesn’t matter what they think. What is more important is what you think of yourself and God's thoughts about you. Does the things people say and do hurt you? YES. But you have to work on healing and work out your salvation with the Lord Jesus for yourself. I want you to know that your negative, dysfunctional situation does not limit you from becoming a healthy version of yourself. Look at it as just one chapter in your life book. There are many more chapters to your book. Just rewrite it and keep moving forward.

 

Some steps to help you with disappointment/sabotage:

1.                 Forgive yourself

2.                 Forgive others

3.                 Repent (if you are a Christian)

4.                 Speak positive things about your life

5.                 Stop people-pleasing

6.                 Accept yourself in good and bad times

7.                 Celebrate yourself

8.                 Don’t Sabotage yourself

9.                 Be kind to yourself

10.             Embrace yourself

11.             Seek help when needed

12.             It’s okay not to be okay

13.             Enjoy your journey

14.             Rewrite your story

 

Remember my favorite phrase, “You cannot give someone what you don’t have, and they cannot give you what they don’t have.” Let it reignite in your spirit that healing requires you to participate actively. Be willing not to give up yourself. Be encouraged despite the sabotage of others or disappointment. Do not let it stop you from becoming a better version of yourself or who God has called you to be.

 

Book on Amazon Link: https://a.co/d/hG3QuKp

Stay Bless!

Comments

  1. This is oh so true. Keeping pushing it is well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ragging Wind

How to Self-care

Heart

Stand

Divine

Bold