Restore

Fish
Allow the Lord, to restore and make you hold
The Lord is awesome and he has a great way of using everyday skills, to bring us, closer to him. Over the weekend, I was cleaning fish. Let me state, that I don’t eat fish, much less know how to clean it. I am used to buying filet fish. However, I decide that I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me (lol). So as I clean the fish, I had an OMG moment.
As I hold the fish by its tail and scrape it, the scales began to fall off. Then I began to talk with God and said the fish is like us. When we first come to God, we are filled with layers of scales on our skin. What are our scales? Scales can be the hurt, from past and current relationship. Holding on to anger, hate, non-forgiving of a person who wronged us, the disappointments of life, being broke, bust and disgust etc. are all scales in our life.
Nevertheless, because Jesus has caught us in his net, he begins to clean us up.  For this very reason, we must give our lives to him. The more time we spend reading, mediating and be obedient to his words the scales, of  our old life falls off and we begin to see the freshness and beauty, Christ sees in us. The word for today is simple, it doesn’t matter how you look right now, just keeping trusting in the Lord. Allow him to come in and clean you up. He came so that we may have life and life more abundantly.
The Bible tells us that “the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."(Luke 19:10). Most of us were lost at one point, but God wants to take the scales off us, so we can shine.  Like the fish, when it is cleaned, seasoned, and fried, you can enjoy it. Similarly with us, when God is finished with us, many would see the changes, recognize us and acknowledge there is a God, who lives. If you haven’t already invited Christ Jesus in your life, I would encourage you to allow him in, so he can clean you up, restore and make you hold. Be blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ragging Wind

How to Self-care

Heart

Stand

Divine

Sabotage

Bold