Deep

Image result for fishermen
Trust in the Lord, and let your net down!
As I was mediating on Luke 5:1-11, I was amazed when Jesus called his first disciples. I recognize that Jesus first spoke to the people by encouraging them with his word of God. And this helped to build their faith to believe. After this he instructed Simon to go out in deep and let his net down. Then Simon said because you said, I will.  Wow he just said if you say so, Lord, I will. He didn’t question the Lord, he just followed his instruction. How many times the Lord instructs us to do something and we loved to ask question and think it through. Instead of saying Lord because you said so, I will.

His obedience to Jesus’ instruction caused him and the others with him to receive a huge harvest, where their nets begin to burst and they called those who were around them to be blessed. Even though, the Lord is calling me to bigger and better things, I sometimes loved to ask too many question. For now, I will have to remind myself not to ask too many questions. Nevertheless, I have to follow and be obedient to his direction on what to do, to get a break through. We must remember to remind ourselves to be like Simon and his friends who were obedient and let their nets down.

I am begging to realize that key to my success, is not to do anything, if I am not trusting in the Lord with all my heart. But rather to pray and asked him to encourage my little faith to believe, and to be obedient to his will for me. As “Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets” (Luke 5:5). Therefore today check out yourself and see if you are being obedient to God will for you or are you asking too many questions. Be blessed stay in Gods’ will and know that you will make it if you believe. Remember obedience is the key to your success. Amen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ragging Wind

How to Self-care

Heart

Stand

Divine

Sabotage

Bold