Self-Control

Image result for self control

As children of God, it is important to have a conscious mindset. As believers in Christ Jesus we must be aware that Christ lives in us. For the simple fact, others are looking at us to see our character. If, your character does not line up with the word of God something is wrong.  The fruits of Jesus are “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law” (Galatians5:22-23). Amen. Hallelujah.  These are all great characteristic of Christ.

For this topic let us look at self-control. What does it mean?  It means to deny yourself and to have control over your impulse. Sounds easy, but it can be very hard to do when you are upset.  Be aware, as you are being obedient to God and following his directions, the enemy will send fiery darts your way. Your objective is to have self-control and give the situation to God. Trying to defend yourself is a waste of time and you will just add fuel to the fire.

That’s why it is very important for us to learn self-control. There will be a time, when the words of others hurt us, but we must shake it off and give it to God. Likewise, we must be mindful of what we say to others because it can affect them. The words we speak have power and as children of God we must be conscious of what comes, out our mouth.  We can uplift a person or we can put them down. I am not perfect, but I served a God who is. My objective is to have a conscious mindset, on a daily basis. I pray daily and ask the Lord to help me to walk in his perfect presence and to allow me to do his work. I try my best not have any unproductive words coming out of my mouth.

However, they are days, when the enemy tries, to get under my skin. I tell it is not always easy, in Jesus name, but you know, God is good.  When they enemy tries to remind you of your past, remind him of what Christ did on the cross. None of us are perfect, but the devil always seems to send someone just your way to remind you of your past, especially if he has being speaking to you about it.  But Satan, you are a liar from the pits of hell. I don’t know about you, but I will not lose self-control to defend myself in any situation. I will give it to Jesus. I don’t know what others are saying about you. It doesn’t matter if it is true or not. Give it to God!  Let him handle it, for he assures us that the battle is not ours, but his. Be Blessed.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ragging Wind

How to Self-care

Heart

Stand

Divine

Sabotage

Bold