Salt


Maintenance

Let Christ be in your flavor....
Maintenance is an important task when you are in the kingdom of God. When you are a person, who cares about others, it is importance that you maintain your health. Especially, when you are the one who is praying, fasting, and fighting for family members, neighbors or people in general. We all know that we can do everything through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. Nevertheless, it is our responsible to take care of ourselves, by exercising, eating right, and staying spiritually fit for battles.

The other day, I was share with a friend how there are times, we who stand in the gap for others and is believing for loved ones can sometimes, forget to take care of ourselves. Not physically, but spiritually.  Here I was finding it difficult to pray and fast for myself. After attending a service at church, it hit me. I was “chill-laxing”, as the kids would say, you relaxing like there is nothing to do. I was acting like I am on "spiritual vacation", praying for others but not myself. 

Does anyone know what I am talking about? You are praying for everyone and neglecting yourself, where you need to battle because the enemy is in your camp. There is nothing wrong with fighting for others. In fact, the word of God encourages us to pray for others. But there are times, when I am so caught up with praying for others that I forget about myself. But thank God because he always takes care of those who are doing his work.

We, who are committed to the Lord work, must be mindful and careful of maintaining our spiritual life. We must remember to not leave any room open for the enemy to play, because while we are fighting for others, the devil can be having a field day with us. But he is a liar from the pits of hill. We have to make sure that we communicate with God, asking him daily for sound, solid and conscious mind, so we may stay strong, have the wisdom and discernment to know when the enemy is in our camp. We must constantly be on fasts because we know some demons don’t leave unless, you are in deep prayers and fasting.  Nevertheless, we know that Jesus will never leave us or forsake us.

Many of us are standing in the gap for loved ones, neighbors, and friends, but what good are we if, you are not fully equip for the battles. In fact the Lord said, “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet.”(Mathew 5:13).  Wow, Amen, and so true. Thinking of it, what good are you and I if we don’t maintain ourselves, to keep encouraging other about the true gospel of Jesus Christ?   Thank you Jesus, for your word, you are awesome.

Dear Lord, help me to keep my flavor, by doing your will. Help me daily, to remember to have spiritual maintenance, for myself to continue your work.  As you continue to use me, please guide and protect me. Keep watch over all the people who are depending on you. Just as they are keep watching over their loved ones.  Help them to keep watch over themselves, trusting that your spirit will guide them. In Jesus name, Amen. I don’t know your circumstances; but I encourage to a have a maintenance day with the Lord, so you can be strengthen in order to continue his work. Be encouraged, be blessed and remember to check in with Christ Jesus, who will help you to keep your flavor, so you can continue to be the season to those who need flavors. Be blessed.










 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ragging Wind

How to Self-care

Heart

Stand

Divine

Sabotage

Bold