Familiarity

Image result for direction
Allow Jesus to guide you!
When you know something you tend to go back to it. Yes or no. For example, when you are a driver, you often figure out shortest routes to your destination, and most of the time, you will take the route, you know best. However, because you are familiar with a route, you can get carried away and miss your blessings.  For God sometime asks us to do thing we are not familiar with to receive our blessings, and many times we refuse.
Usually, when I drive, I need to give myself extra time because most time I get lost. Yes, I do use GPS and I write down the information and still get lost (lol). I even prayed before I take off and sometimes, still get lost.  But then I discover something as I was sharing this with a colleague. I had one of those OMG (oh my God) moment. I discover the reason I get lost is because I wasn’t fully putting my complete  trust in the Lord to guide me.
When I am not familiar with a route, I try to figure out where I have driven, before and if they place is close by. Many of the times, I end up at a place where I am familiar, with only to discover that I am on the wrong path. The Lord said that’s the problem with many people. He gives us instructions to do something and because we are not familiar with what he says, we tend not to listen. Because of this, we tend to go the route we know, and end up of course. Like the Israelis, in the wilderness, who were lost for years.
That’s why he said to “trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). For our own understanding will lead us down the wrong path. He also tells us that he will use the foolish things of the word to confound wise. At times, he might tell us do somethings and it seems foolish; yet, it is our path way to receive our blessings.  He might say stand at corner and wait, and because you don’t know that corner, you decide that you stand at the corner you know.
Our disobedience will cause us not to receive our blessings. For with God, we don’t reason with his guidance. Nor do we justify, our actions because we think we are right. For he said, “my thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine”(Isaiah 55:8). Therefore, know that when he tells you do something, he knows what’s best. Don’t reason with him, but sit back and allow him to navigate you.  By the way I have gotten better at driving and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide me and not to lean on my own understanding. Be Blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ragging Wind

How to Self-care

Heart

Stand

Divine

Sabotage

Bold